Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Avengers & Party snaps

Hello, lovely people! This afternoon, after an unsuccessful attempt to make a doctor's appointment (he's not in today - sob sob!), Mark and I went to see Avengers Assemble. Despite going for the 12.40 showing, the queue was huge!! We made it just in time, after the adverts had started, for the 2D showing - we both find the 3D a little pointless and expensive.
I have to say it was awesome! Definitely worth a watch, and although a long film, it manages to keep you entertained for about 95% of it. The other 5% is down to it not being as comfortable as the sofa at home ;) My favourites in this were Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) and Mark Ruffalo (Hulk). Has anyone else seen it?? What did you think? :)
Psst... For anyone who hasn't seen it watch out for the bit where Hulk punches Thor (soo funny!)

Last Saturday (28th) was Mark's mum, Sandra's, 50th birthday party. It was held at a venue called the Ship and Mitre in Liverpool, the room was lovely and intimate with dark wood. Here are a few photos from the night.

The birthday lady herself, Sandra



Sam & Craig, Mark's brother and his girlfriend

Mandy & Sandra, Sandra's sister in law
I had a lovely chat with Mandy about photography, as I took the big Canon camera along hence these lovely shots. Mandy is also interested in photography, and it was wonderful to meet her!

Tony & Sandra, Mark's mum and dad

Joanne & Sandra, two gorgeous sisters!

Mary & Paul, Mark's nana and uncle

Pam, Ken & Sam - Sam's parents

Me & Mark

Kev & Tony, Mark's dad and his friend

Craig, Mark, Sandra & Tony

Sandra & Di
Di is a lovely woman, as is her husband Nick who I spoke to a fair bit at the party! Di has popped into work a few times, and it's always nice to see her.

Mark & his mum

Sandra & her gorgeous two layer cake, white & dark chocolate!

And to finish them off a cheeky self taken shot of us at the end of the night!
It was a great night, and lovely to meet some more of Mark's family, we all had a wonderful time.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see the avengers, hopefully next week!! Lovely photos!


Thanks for your lovely comments! I try to reply to them all :) x