Thursday 28 June 2012

Boots Fruit Essence shampoo & conditioner review


You may remember, a few days ago I purchased the Boots Fruit Essence shampoo and conditioner in a 3 for 2 offer, for just £1.29 each. I chose the 'vibrant colour with Silk & Papaya extract' ones because there was no shampoo for the only other type left in my local Boots! Clearly the 3 for 2 was a big hit, and I know why!

My hair had been getting a little bit dry, because a while back I cut using conditioner out of my routine due to it weighing my hair down and making it appear dirty. Since then I'd been using Herbal Essences 2 in 1, but when other people started noticing how dry my hair had become, I thought that's it, enough is enough!!

I went along to my local Boots with the intention of purchasing both a shampoo and a conditioner (no more hair-dryer-outer 2 in 1 for me!). I spotted the Boots own brand Fruit Essence on a display at the front of the shop, and decided I'd give it a whirl. For just £1.29 a bottle, and on 3 for 2, it would have been rude not to!

I washed my hair with it the night before last, shampooing my hair twice, and then conditioning it. One thing I have to point out about both the shampoo and conditioner, is that the consistency is not as thick as other brands. It came out of the bottle quite fast so I couldn't control the amount as I would have. However, as they are 400ml bottles I definitely won't stop using it because of that. It lathers up really well, and as soon as I'd done the final rinse of the conditioner, my hair felt healthier.

I towel dried my hair, left it for half an hour and then blow dried it. My boyfriend even commented that my hair looked noticeably shiny (he has never before commented on the condition of my hair!). It smells absolutely delicious too! I will definitely continue using it, and at this price, I hope my local Boots stocks some more ASAP!

You can find the Fruit Essence vibrant colour shampoo here, and the Fruit Essence vibrant colour conditioner here. They are still on 3 for 2, and there are the other types on the Boots website too. I definitely recommend giving it a try :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I will have to give that a go. I'm using Aussie at the moment but I think my hair's gotten too used to it (if that's actually possible) and is no longer as responsive to its goodness. Plus, who doesn't love a good smelling shampoo? :) xx

    http://style-ramblings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! I try to reply to them all :) x