Hello lovelies, I'd like to start this post off by saying a very happy new year to you all! I hope it turns out to be a fabulous one, and that all of your hopes and dreams come true. Some of you might remember that last year my resolutions were made in the 25 by 25 format as can be found here. To start the year off I thought it'd be nice to reflect on those goals and how I got on, and whether or not there are any I want to carry over into 2014. I will do a separate blog post with my goals for this year :)
o1. Flying a kite was even more fun than I imagined! I can't wait to do it again on a blustery day.
o2. Illustrate things Indigo has said - this is one of the ones I didn't get round to but had plenty of good intentions for. I'd still like to do this, so I'm carrying it on into this year.
o3. Going back to the Lakes was wonderful! I highly recommend you go on an adventure there yourselves!
o4. Watch Perks on DVD - a great watch, not on a level with the book but pretty awesome nonetheless.
o5. See my friends more - I can never get enough of my friends, so I will always want to see them more. One of my beautiful best friends had a beautiful baby in 2013, Belle Hope. I can't wait to see more of all of my friends this year.
o6. Painting more made me feel really inspired. I'm determined to open my very own Etsy shop this year!
o7. Being more organised with studying really helped out when it came to my exam. I revised so hard, and my hard work paid off - I did really well! Back to studying in April, but I'm enjoying the break for now.
o8. Going on more adventures is something I want to do again this year. I loved every day trip and adventure, and have so many happy memories from this year - the Lakes, Harry Potter Studios, Welsh Mountain Zoo and more!
o9. Take more photos & have them printed - I ordered over 1000 photos this year, and made a good start into archiving some of my photos. I have another 500 credits to order this month, and will carry on until they're all printed out.
1o. Reading one book a month and many times more was something I really enjoyed. It was nice to pick up books again and not feel guilty for getting lost in another world for a few hours. This will definitely continue! Can you recommend any?
11. Baking cookies with the children at Lynn's house was messy but fun! We baked choc chip cookies, gingerbread shapes and even a Victoria sponge. Yum!
12. Going to the Welsh Mountain Zoo with bears was one of the best days of my life! I will do a full post on it soon because I never got round to it, but here is a sneaky peek..!
13. Date nights - we've definitely made more of a conscious effort to spend time together this last year. Lots of adventures and plenty of nights snuggled up after a takeaway watching a movie! Speaking of which..! Tonight involves visiting nana, an Indian takeaway and a Wes Anderson movie. Ahh, perfect!
14. Do something for charity - I did a couple of things but I'd like to do more. I tried to do a print in aid of charity, and I think this will be more successful when my Etsy page is up and running. I'd also love to do a skydive but not sure how I'd stand with my dodgy ears!
15. Visiting the Harry Potter studio tour was amazing!!!
16. Anonymous notes in random places - the second goal I didn't get round to, but would still love to do. I had an idea on this front, which I hope to put in place this year.
17. Keeping up my blog was hard at points this year, and I took little breaks here and there when I had too much on (like my exam!). I'd like to post more regularly this year, and start another new series or two like my Handmade Mondays of last year. I will continue HMM but more sporadically rather than every Monday. I love the blogging community and all of the lovely people whose blogs I read!
18. Getting a second tattoo is the third goal I didn't do! I do however know what my next one is going to be, so I'll be getting it soon hopefully.
19. Have a teddybear picnic - the fourth & last goal that I didn't complete. We did however put all of the bears in the back of the car one day and drove to Asda. We may have got some funny looks haha.
2o. Explore more - lots of exploring took place last year, and I look forward to much more both locally and far away.
21. Sitting in the park & watching the sunset was lovely! Mark and my mum, sister Willow, twins Phoebe & Phoenix and littlest sister Indigo went to the park to watch it.
22. Watching sunrise (& chasing the supermoon!) was a 4am adventure with my sister Willow.
23. Seeing more bands was awesome last year! We saw more than we expected to and a wider variety of music too.
24. Doing my hair more still proved tricky for me! I managed to do a few new things with it but last Tuesday I actually went and had it done..! More on that another day though!
25. Appreciating each person, moment & thing was definitely something I did in 2013 and will continue to do each and every year in the future. I try not to take anyone or anything for granted as every moment is fleeting and we have to make the most of it all.
Have you got a similar kind of list? I'd love to see it :)
Facebook // Instagram // Bloglovin' // Pinterest