Wednesday 18 September 2013

What is Autumn to me?


Autumn is... golden orange leaves all around, kicking them, throwing them, fighting with them, crunching through them, beautiful trees, collecting shiny brown conkers, misty mornings, your breath in front of your face, crisp sunny days with a chill in the air, wrapping up for the cold, snuggly scarves, mittens on a string, knitted hats, comfy boots, thick socks, extra layers, thick tights, cable knit jumpers, thermal tops, wearing slippers, evenings getting darker, hurrying home from work by streetlight, hot chocolate, feeling snug as a bug in a rug with the fire on, sitting in front of the fire, extra cuddles, saturday night tv, reading curled up on the sofa with heaps of blankets and cushions, halloween, dressing up, trick or treating with younger siblings/children, bonfire night, sparklers, pretty explosions in the sky, eating hotdogs, treacle toffee, an extra hour when the clocks go back...



Hello lovelies, Lauren of The Emerald Dove tagged me in a lovely Autumn tag, answers to the questions are below, and if you click through to Lauren's blog you can see her answers too. I'm excited to answer the questions, as Autumn is my favourite season for all the reasons listed above!

For Autumn, what is your...
1. Favourite thing about it?
Absolutely everything, see above!
2. Favourite drink?
Hot chocolate without cream, I may or may not have started drinking hot chocolate in Summer...
3. Favourite scent/candle?
The smell of the leaves after the rain
4. Best lipstick?
I'll be sticking with my trusty Korres lip butter in Jasmine
5. Go to moisturiser?
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ by Clinique
6. Go to colours for the eyes?
Gold and bronze (Clinique Beach Plum palette and Jemma Kidd City Chic palette)
7. Favourite music or band/singer to listen to?
Bon Iver every time, both times I've seen Bon Iver have been in the Autumn
8. Favourite outfit to wear (i.e. boots & a scarf combo)?
Skinny jeans, long sleeved layers, thick cosy jumper, boots, knitted scarf and big oversized coat
9. Autumn treat? (i.e. a new scarf or bag you have your eye on)
I'm looking to incorporate dark green into my Autumn wardrobe, and searching for a new pair of perfect skinny jeans in a dark colour!


I hope you've enjoyed this post, and I tag anyone who wants to take part! Please let me know if you do :)

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
Facebook // Instagram // Bloglovin'

10 comments:

  1. I love this tag Hannah, you've got me all excited about Autumn! I tried the sample of that Clinique moisturiser and I love it, I just need the courage to splash out on a bottle haha! Maybe I'll pop it on the Christmas list xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - loved reading your answers! I love the smell after it rains too - apparently you can get a candle in that scent! I am so excited for autumn - especially bonfire night! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post! I really like gold and bronze eyeshadow colours for Autumn too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. People usually don't like autumn, but oh my, this is such beautiful season <3 I love your amazing photos :) It's getting cold here, but we don't have leafs here. I can't wait for all the colours <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for nice colours of autumn! Lovely.

    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely post - i love autumn too!
    Emma x
    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just named all my favourite thing about Autumn and now I am craving those foggy mornings and evenings spent by the log fire. Argh! Beautifully written post Hannah!

    everythingandthegirlxo.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get sad when Summer ends, but I forget that Autumn is a beautiful time of year! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute post, definitely going to take part! I said today to my boyfriend that today properly feels like Autumn has started, all the leaves starting to change colour, kinda sad to say bye to summer though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this tag! I definitely want to do this once I find time. I love all those things about Autumn/Fall as well. It doesn't feel like Fall here yet, unfortunately but I'm hoping it will sooner than later. I am guilty of drinking hot chocolate in the summer as well (have you tried Mexican hot chocolate? It's my favorite...not sure if they sell the authentic Mexican brands there in the UK, or do they?) I bet Fall in the UK is way more exciting than Fall here! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! I try to reply to them all :) x